Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 312, A beautiful Friday

I was so ready for Friday, not sure why more so than any other Friday, but I was really ready for the weekend.  Maybe if was because it was the first full week back in the office after Ireland, but I was exhausted.

Chickens checking out the newly mowed lawn.

The day was pretty average, with Coffee Clatter in the morning, which was held at the new dog park, and fairly non-busy afternoon.  I had brought the convertible and it seemed liked the perfect day for it.  Around noon however, the business next door came over and said it was raining and I might want to put my top up.  Sure enough, there was a freak little cloud and it poured rain.  I put the top up and wiped the leather seats dry with a towel.  I went to lunch at 1pm and took the car home, rinsed and dried it off quick and put it back in the garage.

The Chickens were happy to be let out and they laid 3 eggs.  It seems like their egg production and food consumption ratio is off again and perhaps I need to have another talk with them.  "An egg a day or heads will stray" is my friend's Amy's motto.

I was back home again by 5:30pm and I needed a nap.  I closed my eyes for 10 minutes and then was ready to go again.  I wanted to get the lawn mowed and have it out of the way for the weekend.  I had fertilized last weekend, so there was significant growth and the color was much greener.  For some reason when I mow the chickens like to stay close by and check out the newly mowed lawn and look for newly exposed bugs.

Grabbing a burger at Sonic's in the Packard.

After the lawn was mowed, I took a quick shower and I thought it was the perfect evening to take the Packard out.  I wanted to get a few things at Lowes and I was hungry, so I thought I could swing by Sonic's and get a burger. 

It was a beautiful Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment