Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 431, Flying home

The alarm went off at 5:15 am and I was in the lobby of the hotel at 5:45 am to catch a taxi to the airport.  My flight was at 7:50 am and the request you be there two hours ahead of your scheduled departure in order to pass through security.

Flying home from Las Vegas in the last row.
The flight was on time and I arrived in Salt Lake City and quickly made my way to the next gate.  I only had 50 minutes between flights and was soon on my way home.  8 days seemed to have been a long time and I was ready to get home.

I got  home about 12:45 pm and was greeted by the leftover parts and blood of gopher on the carpet and projectile hair-ball vomit. I was not too happy and went to work on shampooing the carpet.  I unpacked my bag and started a load of laundry. I let the chickens out to enjoy the day and then headed off to the office to check in, and then to the bank to deposit my now 7 day old paycheck.  I had several errands to run and was back home by 4:35 pm.

I got back home and started a second load of laundry and laid down and took a nap.  It had been a long week and I was glad to be home.  After a short snooze I went out and mowed my lawn for one of the last times of the season.

With clean sheets on the bed I was ready for a good night sleep in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment