Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 454, More fall chores

A basket of apples
Just your typical Sunday, Church at 11 am, then to the feed stores for chicken scratch and layer feed. Then home to wash three cars and put them away for the winter.  I did a little work around the coop and figure out where to put another window in the shed.  I cleaned up some yard debris and harvested all the apples off the trees.  Many of the apples were wormy, so next year I'm going to have to treat them with something (organic) to keep them from getting eaten up by bugs.  Still after tossing many apples over the fence I still had a good basket full.

Fresh applesauce
Kicking back with Harris on the Sofa.

My evening consisted of peeling apples and making two large pans of applesauce.  It was a very relaxing day doing fall chores and spending time around house.  After I finished the applesauce I had time to carve two pumpkins and then I settled on to the sofa with Harris to watch TV.

All in all it was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment