Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 434, The Traveleze has walls!

I hadn't heard anything from Justin at Flyte Camp, so I texted and ask if there were walls yet.  I got a quick reply back saying "yes" and a photo showing the progress.  It was starting to look like a trailer again instead of pile on kindling on on wheels.  My timing was perfect as they were getting ready to start putting on the ceiling panels and I wanted wood with as little marbling as possible, or all clear wood. 

The walls up on the Traveleze and new roof going on.
Justin suggested that I come down to meet and talk about the trailer.  He wanted my input on several aspect of the trailer.  It was close to 5pm and I had not had lunch so I was able to slip out and head to Bend.  First I needed to replace the nose piece on my glasses that had popped out sometime in Las Vegas, so I drove over to the eyeglass shop.  It cost $6 for the tiny little nose pad.  What a markup, I bet there wasn't 5 cents of material production cost in it.

I ran home, changed close, let the chickens out and headed to Bend.  I also grabbed my check book as I had a feeling Justin would be wanting the next installment of the restoration payment.  I got there and found Justin and his brother busy working on the Traveleze and it looked great.  I had a good talk with Justin and they were ready to order flooring and counter tops.  I also need to pick out blinds, and material for the seats in the booth. light fixtures and think about if I wanted anything else added or done to the trailer.  I also needed to write a check, twice as large at the first.  Ouch, this check reflected the increased cost to cover the unexpected complete rebuild.  I wrote the check and then quickly assessed my bank account via my iPhone and transferred funds to cover the check.

The Traveleze is going to be spectacular and my excitement more than masked the palpitation in my heart from writing a large check.  I now needed to head home and put the finishing cleaning touches on the house for tomorrows morning retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment