Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 432, A nice restful day

My bed felt great and slept like a rock.  I woke up about 8 am and felt great.  I laid in bed for about an hour and just enjoyed not having to get up in a hurry.  I had an appointment for my truck at 10 am, so I got up and got ready to go.

My truck getting a new fuel filter
My F150 had a recall on the airbag and I needed to have the 45,000 mile service done.  There are only 42,000 miles but I figured since I was taking it in for the recall I might as well have it all done at once.  It took them about an hour and half and this gave me time to look at the new trucks.

From the Ford Dealer I headed to Sisters, to a clock shop that was working on a small carriage clock that wasn't working.  They had called and said it was ready to picked up and I was eager to have it back.  When I got to Sister's I was surprised to see that they had a Harvest Faire going on right in front of the clock shop.  I had to park a very long ways away and walk to them.  Since there event was going I figured I might as well have a look and I ended up buy several items including a birthday gift for my father and few Christmas gifts for friends.

After nearly two hours looking around I had my clock and was heading home.  I needed to get home and start working on the yard.  Now that we have had several nights of frost I need to start pulling out all the dead flowers and cutting everything back for the winter.  I was even able to talk my friend Tracy into coming over helping me out.  She had backed zucchini bread and wanted to bring me some.

We worked until it started getting dark and then went inside to play dice and watch a movie. It was a nice Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment