Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 436, Wednesday

This week has started off with a killer pace and I'm already exhausted and looking forward to the weekend.  I have been excited and distracted by the progress of the trailer, so the work load hasn't been that bad.  I have noticed that with the day getting shorter I haven't been getting home before dark, so there are a number of outside chores that are going to have to wait until the weekend.

At 5 pm to 7 pm I had a welcome reception for the new Executive Director of the hospital foundation in Bend.  I wanted to meet the new Director and I figured it would be a nice event.  I drove to Bend and I knew most of the people there and it was nice to chat with people I haven't seen in a long time.  The Director is very nice and I'm sure will do a fantastic job for the foundation.

After the reception I went by Flyte Camp by the off chance that they might still be there. I really wanted to get a piece of the birch interior and try painting with the stain and shellac all in one product that I have at home, left over from when I did my closet remodel.  Justin was still there working on a project.  There wasn't anything done on the Traveleze today, but we talked about flooring, counter tops and electrical outlets.  I was able to get a scrap piece of birch off the floor and was excited to try out the shellac on it, to see if it was the color and shine that I was looking for.

I got home around 7:45 pm and the first thing I did was unload the truck and go check on the chickens.  Once the chickens were fed and watered, I located the can of shellac and painted a section of the wood.  It looked great but maybe a bit too gold.  I figured I could checkout Lowes tomorrow and look for a darker color.

No comments:

Post a Comment