Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 452, Friday and time to go home

The conference ended at noon and by the time I was loaded up and had said good bye to everyone it was close to 1 pm.  It was a little cloudy but it had warmed up a bit. 

Chicken's in the new coop
The drive over the mountain was beautiful and the fall color was spectacular.  In several areas I drove through a shower of falling autumn leaves, it was beautiful.  I got to Sisters around 2:30 pm and decided to stop off at this great western store called Levits and buy myself a Pendleton blanket for the Traveleze.  I have wanted the classic Glacier Park blanket and I knew they had it.  I think the store owner was a bit surprised when I walked right in and grabbed the blanket and said "ringer up". 

Sister's is a great little western town and I decided to take the time to walk around and check out the shops.  I found a few great Halloween items on sale, as well as Halloween cards for my niece and nephew.  If I got the cards in the mail today, they should reach Portland by Halloween.  I spent nearly an hour in Sister's and then head for home and the post office.

Ya gotta love Peanuts
After I ran several errands I was finally home.  I immediately went to check on the chickens and to let them out in the remaining sunlight.  They were very happy to be free and I changed their water and gave them more food.  Within a half an hour it was getting dark and the chickens were heading back to the pen.  I picked up three of them and put them in the new coop which they haven't ventured into yet.  They thought it was pretty cool and after a while I think they finally figured out the short tunnel between the new coop and the pen.  I think they will enjoy the new space and the insulated walls come winter.

Nothing makes trick or treating more memorable than Hostess!
I unpacked my suit case and kicked backed to watch some TV.  I think buying the Halloween stuff in Sister's put me in the mood and I tossed in Charlie Brown in the DVD player.  My brother texted me from Portland and he had bought boxes of Hostess Cup Cakes and Twinkies to hand out to all the kids in their neighborhood.  This was a childhood memory of our trick or treating in our neighborhood, as one of neighbors worked for Hostess and handed out Twinkies.  It's a treasured memory just like Charlie Brown.

It was nice to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment