Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 448, Not much new to report on the Traveleze

After my workout I stopped off to see the Traveleze and to see if there was any progress.  It was sitting outside and nothing new had been done with it.  Justin was busy working with a film crew that is documenting they restoration of another trailer.  It's an exciting project that is taking precedent over all other.  Eventually this project will be done and then the little Traveleze should get some attention.

With the Traveleze parked outside I took a look at the underside for the first time.  It had been sprayed with a black under coating for protection.  I noticed the plywood was not sprayed prior to being attached to the frame, so the wood was in direct contact with the frame.  The plywood is marine grade, but still I wondered if there should be something between the two?  I know wood and concrete do not mix and you always have to put a layer of felt paper between the two and I wondered if the same is true with metal and wood?  I asked Justin's brother who was standing outside chatting with me and he said he didn't know, but would check with Justin.  I just know water likes to get in where ever it can and the first place it will go will be between the frame and the wood floor and with no undercoating there, it makes me nervous.

Harris watching TV
I left the Traveleze and headed home, it was only 6:15 pm but it was getting dark and it was getting really cold.  Tonight the temperature was expected to be about 19!  When I got home the chickens had turned in for the night and collected two eggs and closed them in.  I then went around and drained all the garden hoses to prevent them from freezing.

Tonight it was just watching TV with the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment