Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 438, Yea it's Friday.

It has been a long week and I am very happy that it's Friday.  It was the usual Friday work schedule, Coffee Clatter at 8:30 am to 9:30 am, I had a 10 am to 11:00 am meeting and a lunch meeting from 11:45 am to 1:30 pm.  By 3 o'clock I was exhausted and ready for the weekend.  I left the office at 3:15 pm to go home and switch cars and then pick up my parents at the airport.  Their flight was scheduled to arrive at 3:40 pm and I had just enough time to run home and let the chickens out and grab the keys to the Rolls.

As I pulled into the driveway my Father called and they had just landed, they were early.  I switched cars and immediately headed to the airport.  It takes me about 10 minutes to get there normally, but there is a major detour due to a complete street rebuild, so it took an extra 5 minutes.  My parents had their bags and were sitting outside enjoying the beautiful afternoon.  They had just flown in from Amsterdam and had been up nearly 20 hours, but were very happy with their travels.

I got them home and the house opened up and I could tell they would crash pretty quickly.  I had not had time to restock their refrigerator, so I headed to the store to buy them some fresh fruit, milk and all the basics.  With a few items they could have a nice breakfast Saturday morning without having to run to the store.  On the way back from the store  I stopped off at my house and picked up a dozen fresh eggs from the chickens.  I then drove back to their home and they were very happy to see me and all the goodies.  Mom was just making some chicken soup, and invited me to stay.  After enjoying the soup, I headed home and I figured they would be in bed before 8 pm.

It had been a long week and I was very happy to have the weekend ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment