Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 442, Nothing new to report

Fall color in the yard.
It was another beautiful morning and for the most part October has been spectacular.  We usual have a threat of snow before Halloween and so far, even my trees haven't thought much dropping their leaves.  I have one Amour Maple that has some spectacular color and I am sure will start to drop it's leaves shortly.

Not much new to report on the Traveleze, hopefully the flooring will arrive on Thursday and they can continue to work on it.  I spent part of my lunch time looking for vintage trailer windows to replace two of the windows on the trailer.  At some point in my trailers life it had the windows replaced on one side and not with the same style.  I'm hoping I can find a set of louvered windows to match the originals.

I got home about 5:45 pm today and there was just enough time to let the chickens run for about 45 minutes.  They had laid two eggs today, which was the first time in almost two weeks.   I spent the last few moments of a day light check and resetting my gopher traps that I have set along driveway.  For some reason my neighbor and I have suddenly been invaded by gophers after nearly none this summer.  They seem to be back in force and I'm doing my best to eradicate them from my yard.

Tomorrow I'll be back in Bend and will run by to see the trailer and to drop off a sample of the shellac I might use on the trailer.  I might be able to make some final decisions on the vinyl for the seats and perhaps the counter tops too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment