Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 437, Thursday and two runs to Bend.

I had a lunch meeting in Bend at noon that was just a few blocks from the Flyte Camp and I stopped by after the meeting to see how the progress was coming on the Traveleze.  They were working on another trailer and they had completely taken all the way down to the frame just like on my trailer.  My trailer was on hold, but maybe they would get back to it later in the day.

The Traveleze in the restoration process, 10-13-2011
At 3:30 pm I headed back to Bend I needed to stop of look at some fabric samples for the dinette area of the trailer.  I was running late so I only had 5 minutes.  I am horrible at fabric and colors, so I don't think I was much help.  We talked it over and we felt we should look at vinyl and leather and do something in brown and or tan.  I had to leave and Justin's wife Anna was going to run by the upholster and get some samples for me to look at.  I knew I could stop by after my workout and I could pick something out.

An hour later I was back at Flyte Camp and the other trailer that was completely broken down in the morning, was now completely rebuilt and had wiring in the walls.  In the matter of one day it went from completely dismantled, to farther along and ahead of my Traveleze.  The Traveleze was sitting outside and had no progress.

Making applesauce for  my Dad's birthday cake.
Anna had picked out some vinyl and leather and there were a few colors that look good, but both Justin and were not sure the exact color was there.  Justin and I are both on the same wave-length and think share the same vision for what the Traveleze should look like when all done.  Justin even had a 1950's Sunset "how to camp" guide which had a picture of the "1950's" camp site which captures the feel of what we are looking for, simple basic, rustic and classic camping.

I got home at 7:30 and again the chickens had spent the entire day inside.  They only laid 1 egg for the day.  I think they are a little unhappy with their confinement.

Tonight I had need to make a birthday cake for my father.  His favorite cake is an applesauce cake with brown sugar frosting.  I had stopped at the produce store during the day and bought apples to make fresh applesauce, so I got busy peeling apples.  I made a huge batch of applesauce and had the cake in the oven by 9 pm.  By 9:30 pm the cake was done and set it out to let it cool.  After it had cooled I made a double batch of the frosting and covered the cake in about 3/4 inches of frosting, just the way my Dad I like it.

I went to bed at 11:30 pm, I was beat, but tomorrow was Friday, yeaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment