Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 447, The pumpkin patch

The "perfect" pumpkins...or close enough.
After church I picked Tracy up in the Packard and we headed off to the pumpkin patch.  The Pumpkin patch is at Smith Rock and the owners are Matt and Kendra and they put on an amazing show and there had to be 500 to 700 people there. 

I don't know what it is about pumpkins, but they make me smile.  Tracy and I found four pumpkins that I thought I had to have and with them loaded in the wheelbarrow we headed to the checkout stand.  Tracy found 3 perfect little pumpkins that she spent quite a bit of time selecting.  In all we spent about 2 hours walking around and checking out the activity.

Back at home I got back to work and finished up the coop and I even had time to paint the trim and the new window frames.  I spent the entire weekend working on the coop and didn't get to all the other chores I had on my list.  Now I just need to teach the chickens to use the new space and move all their feed out into the shed and out of my garage.

It was a beautiful weekend, with temperatures in the mid seventies and now it was over.  Tomorrow is new week and the temperatures are expected to drop dramatically with highs in the 50's and lows in the teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment