Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 444, Trailer CD's

Today I got the vintage trailer CD's that I ordered from Juergen Eichermueller in Germany.  Juergen lived part of  his youth in Florida and his parents owned or operated several trailer parks and he and his mother would go to trailer events and collect brochures and sales information.  As it turns out they kept them all and now it is the largest collection of vintage trailer information in the world.  The collection starts in the 1930's and runs through the 1960's.  Several weeks ago I emailed Juergen and asked if he had any information on Traveleze and he said he did.  I bought his "1930-1950 Trailer Brochures" ($14) and he tossed in all his info on Traveleze and and a "How To" CD as well. 

The 1950 Traveleze
The information is amazing and a lot of fun to look at.  There were so many pictures of brochures and trailers, names like, Anderson, Spartan, Westcraft, Traveleze and many more.  I looked at all the Traveleze information and while there wasn't any specific info on the 1950 Traveleze 14' they did have the 21' and 24' information.   I did find one picture that could be a 14'er and it is exactly what my trailer should look like when it is re-skinned and the stripes are put on.  Traveleze trailers had three staggered stripes which were a dark green and gave the illusion of movement and speed.

I'm eager to share this information with Justin and see if he gets any ideas for my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment