Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 440, Gray and drizzly morning

Today I woke up at 8 am and I felt great!  It was so nice to sleep in and wake up refreshed.  Last night it had rained and I remember falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof and my cat, Harris purring next to me.  I think the combination of the two put me into the perfect zone for sleeping.  It was still cloudy and drizzly and I wondered if it was going to clear off or remain this way all day.

By the time for church it didn't look so gray and by noon the skies were starting to clear.  I had two errands to run, one to Tracy's to help her flip and rotate her King Sized mattress and then to Lowe's to by parts to fix both my toilets.  One toilet has been running for months and my bath just started randomly filling its self due to a slow drain.

The new window in the shed/chicken coop.
I got Tracy's mattress flipped and both toilets fixed by 2 pm.  My next project was to work on the shed I bought back in August and to convert part of it into a chicken coop.  The first thing I needed to do was put in a window and I had an old door and frame leftover from the sauna that I took out of my house when I expanded my closet.  The door would work perfectly in the coop and help me define the coop from the storage area in the shed.

I wasn't really sure how I was going to put the old window in, but I figured I could figure it out.  At 3 pm my friend Doug came over to help me out and between the two of us we got the opening cut and widow framed in.  Doug had to leave by 5 pm and I needed to make another run to Lowe's to by hinges for the window and a few more 2 x 4's.  I had the window in by 6:30 pm and it was starting to get dark.  I just need one more day to finish the coop, so maybe next weekend I can get it done.

My Mom had invited me over for pork chops and applesauce, which is my favorite.  I got cleaned up and headed over.  There was still birthday cake leftover and it was the perfect way to end a great meal.

It is sad to see another weekend over and I could really use another day or two to finish up my chores.  I also need to finish painting inside, but that has taken a back seat to the outside as Fall starts turning into winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment