Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 210, Monday and the snow is melting

Probably the most notable part of the day is that I was able to go home at noon and let the chickens out.  The snow had melted enough along the edge of fence that they could make their way out of the coop along the fence, hop the rock wall and make a small leap/flight to areas of the lawn that were exposed.  They were so happy to be out and running about.

The chickens first taste of freedom after the big snow.

When I came home around 5:30pm, the chickens were still out enjoying their freedom.  At about 6pm I went out to put them in for the night, two followed me to the coop and the rest were not sure how to get back, without stepping on snow.  With a little calling 3 managed to fly to the rock wall and then walked along the wall to the pen.  They had to jump the small area of snow to get back to the coop, but they made it.  The other two took some coaxing, I had to walk them back showing them the path with the least amount of snow. They all seemed happy to be back in the the safety of their pen with food and water and out of the wind.

I had no real plans for the evening and spent sometime looking for trailers on line.  I was surprised to find another 1950 Spartanette needing restoration and new home.  I think one of these days I'll have to get one of these silver palaces.

I watched a little of the news before going to bed and was depressed to hear that gas climbed another 20 cents last week and is expected to be at $5 a gallon by summer.  That is really going to stop any economic recovery.  You can't pull a Spartanette with a Toyota Prius, or a Chevy Volt, so it kind puts a damper on the idea of having a trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment