Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 213, A busy Thursday

I packed a lot into my day.  Work was busy and I had my workout at 4:15pm, then the Son's of Norway Executive meeting from 6pm to 7:30pm and the General meeting from 7:30 to 8:30pm. 

For my workout we went outside for a run and my trainer set a faster than normal pace for me.  I'm a 45 year old, out of shape, 6'4",  210+  asthmatic, what the heck am I doing running.  We ran for a little over 25 minutes and I figure we covered about 3 miles.  My endurance is lacking, but I my lungs are holding up and actually so did my legs.  With continued work, I think I can actually get this running thing down.  I finished out my hour doing a number of painful exercises, including pull ups and a ton of ab work.

Following the workout I had time to run to the store and pick up a party tray and a pie from Safeway to take to the Son's of Norway meeting.  I was starving so when I got to the lodge, a little early, I opened up the meat and cheese tray and had myself a little snack.  I had no intention to eat any of the pie, but it looked good and I figured people would enjoy it. The meetings were entertaining and before I knew it, it was time for me to leave.  It was now 8:30pm and I needed to be back in Redmond to pick my parents up at the airport at 9:30pm. 

I got back home at 9pm and I had not been home all day.  I went and checked on the chickens and they had laid 5 eggs. I replenished their water and topped off their feeder.  Tonight is trash night so I needed to take the trash can to the end of the driveway.  I had enough to time to feed the cats and toss a load of laundry in the washer and then it was time to head to the airport.

With my folks picked up and safely back home I finally got  home at 10:20pm.  It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment