Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 231, Monday

$10 shutters
I think we all got to work feeling the need for just one more day of rest, but alas it was Monday.  In an effort to start the day off on a positive note we ordered breakfast, splitting two orders among 4 people.  It seemed to help and we all felt better about the day and a new week.

On my lunch break I was able to return some unused items to Lowes, let the chickens out and run to the Habitat for Humanity Re-store to buy a shutter to cut up and put on the cupola.  I was really pleased to find two mahogany shutters for $10.

The Cupola with shutters, just needs paint, shingles and a weathervane.
After work I headed home and I was eager to see what the shutter would look like on the cupola, once I cut them to fit the cupola (completely for decoration).  I got them cut up and temporarily hung them to see how they looked. I was pleased with the look and and then took them off to get a coat of paint on them.  Once the cupola is all painted up and installed on top of the shed it will look great.

I was ready for dinner and then some TV time before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment