Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 237, Church and Chicks

It was another cold morning with, off and on snow storms, but no accumulation.  I did the normal church service at 11, the Fellowship Hall immediately after and then ran to the store for groceries.

I also stopped by the Big R, a local ranch supply store, to see if they had weathervane for the roof to the cupola - they did not.  What they did have in was baby chicks.  People were lined up to look and to by the fluffy little critters.  I really want to get three chickens so I have a flock of 10, but I'm not sure I want to start with baby chicks again.  I probably will, but I want to wait until mid April until I get them.

I managed to get a little yard work done, pruning low hanging branches off the big juniper tree next to the shop and then raking the yard back in place after the earth moving chickens had made huge holes in it.  Man, can those little guys move dirt.

The weather was pretty unforgiving all day and snowed off and on.  I did squeeze in a 2 mile run over to my friends and Jon and Beccy's and I delivered them some eggs.  It was a bit of challenge to run against the wind and carry eggs without shaking them to pieces.

The rest of the day I decided to stay indoors where it was warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment