Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 236, Trees and Shed

Saturday brings it's usual chores and by noon I had cleaned up the weeks messes and had the house ready for another week.

The next project was to run out McPheeters Nursery and pick out some trees.  It has been snowing all morning but now at the moment it was actually sunny and 37.  I was able to zip out to the nursery and find the trees that I needed and pay for them.  I'm not exactly sure who we are going to get to move them and I know that I don't want to.  Each tree is estimated to weigh around 700 lbs.

This could make a great chicken coop and shed.
In my search for maybe adding 3 chickens to my flock I looked on line under "chickens" and found a large 10 x 20 shed for sale that had chickens painted on the front doors.  I wasn't thinking about buying a shed and making it a chicken coop out of it, but this ad got me thinking.  I placed a call and found out that the shed was only about 2 miles away.  The owner had already called a moving a company and found out that the cost would be about $600 for 3 hours.  With the closeness of the shed I think 3 hours would be just about right.  The shed has great potential, now the question is do I want to spend the money to buy it and move it...?

The chickens had been outside all day and enjoying digging in the flower beds, despite the snow, wind, and rain.  I was also happy to find that today they laid 6 eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment