Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 228, Friday and the Rod and Custom Car Show

It was a cold wintery morning, but it was Friday.  Work was pretty normal and I think everyone in the office was ready for the weekend.  I know that I was ready to have a day to kick back and take a break.


The Batmobile
 Friday was also the start of the Central Oregon Rod and Custom Car Show at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center.  I figured it would be fun thing to go to tonight after I ran home and grabbed a bite to eat.

I got home about 5:30pm and let the chickens out.  They were happy to be free as usual, but they had only laid 3 eggs, slackers.

After getting something to eat, I headed off to the Expo Center and the car show.  There were a lot of familiar cars, but several new ones too.  The main attraction was the Batmobile.  You couldn't help but have a flash back to when you were a kid and actually thought Batman was real.  It was kind of neat to see.


48 Chevrolet
 I tend to like the older more original cars and interspersed amongst the custom hot rods were several nice original cars.  I really liked a 48 Chevrolet, it only had 40K miles on it from new.  I had to stop and wonder how it would look pulling the Traveleze?  It was for sale, but its 6 cylinder might not be strong enough to pull the little trailer without struggling.

It was a nice show, but it was now 8:30pm and I was ready to head home and kick back on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment