Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 219, A long day

I woke up to beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies.  It was the type of morning that just lifted  your spirits and made you want to jump out of bed.

Work was busy with writing last minuted articles for our visitor guide and proofing for errors.  My workout day for Thursday was moved to today, so I didn't take a lunch and left for my workout at 3:50pm


The airfield side of the the new airport terminal.

I got to Bend at 4:20pm and quickly changed into some running gear to go for a run.  My trainer was ready and we went for a 20 minute at a very fast pace.  It was a beautiful day but a little breezy, but we still got in a nice run.  I was a little stiff in my legs from yesterdays workout so we spent a few minutes stretching.

I didn't have time for a full hour as I had to be back in Redmond at 5:30pm for an Airport Commission meeting.  I arrived with plenty of time and we had a good meeting.  We  have several new members on the Commission so we took a tour of the airport, boarding a bus and going out on the runway and taxiways to view project areas.  I've been on the Commission for years and served as Chair for nearly 6 years.  I have always enjoyed working with the airport and watching it grow.

It was an extremely busy day and I got home at 8pm.  I checked on the chickens, refilled their food and water and collected 4 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment