Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 218, A wet Tuesday

It was a very cold morning with a rain and snow mix, but mostly rain.  My parents were driving to Portland and had taken my truck because of the potential for snow on the mountain.  In exchange my truck I got their Cadillac for the day and while it is a beautiful 2006 DTS, it just doesn't have the character or history of the big Fleetwood body Broughams.

Clean truck

Work was busy with my monthly Board meeting and the frantic effort of finish our Visitor Guide to send to the printer.  My lunch was he Board meeting so I didn't have time to run home and let the chickens out.  I left the office just before 4pm to drive to Bend to get my workout in for the day.  This is my short day, so I had to work hard and non-stop to get all my work in and to keep my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes.

Following the workout I drove to my folks home to exchange cars and get my truck.  My Dad had washed my truck and it was all clean waiting for me.  They had only been home an hour and  they were just finished cocktail hour and were getting ready for dinner when I got there.  Naturally I was invited to stay, which I did.  Shortly after dinner however I headed  home to check on the animals.

The chickens laid 5 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment