Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 223, A windy Sunday

I went to bed Saturday night and forgot all about Daylight Savings Time.  I woke up and though wow, great night sleep and then looked at my phone which had changed to the correct time.  Oh yeah, new time and I had lost an hour of sleep.

I picked up my buddy Doug on the way to church and as usual arrived as the Choir began to sing.  We try to get there on time and even early, but we always make it at the same time.  To my defense it was 10:57 when they started service.  Usually service runs exactly an hour or a little over, but today it ended 6 minutes early.  I don't think any was going to complain.

Back home I had a few more things that needed to get done around house, but first I needed to help my brother cut down some tree branches on my folks property that were damaged during the big snow.  One of the branches was hanging down and into the road just about the height of a pickup truck windshield.  It was a real danger to traffic and it needed to come down.  My brother had chainsaw and ladder and with me truck we were able to get all the troubled limbs down, despite the strong winds.

Next to my house there was enough protection from the wind to be able to wash my truck.  It needed a thorough cleaning inside and out.  After about 2 hours I had it standing tall and looking not so winter weather battered.  I have posted my truck on Craigslist along with the Rolls and Cadillac.  We shall see if there is any interest on any of these vehicles.

It was another great day and tomorrow is another Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment