Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 227, Leadership Thursday

Today is the day I facilitate our Leadership program, so I was up and out the door a little earlier than normal.  The nice thing about today's event is that the first half of the class would actually be held at my office so didn't need to pack anything up.  The disappointing part of the day was that 6 out of the 15 were out, so it was a very small class.

The always goes pretty fast and we ended the day in Bend, meeting with our County Commissioners, County Clerk and one of the Regional Representatives to our US Senator.  All in all, despite having to "punt" a few times the day went very well and I think everyone got something out of it.
Back pasture turned up ready for seeding.

I was glad to get home by 6:30pm and I still had the opportunity to let the chickens out to enjoy an hour of freedom.

My neighbor had been busy at my place and turned up my back pasture to re-seed it.  He keeps his horses on my property and takes very good of place in return.  I decided that I could pull up the last of the corn and pull the roots up.  Spring will get here eventually and it's almost time to start thinking about the garden.

Corn stalks and the roots pulled up getting ready for planting
On the trailer front, I'm dieing to hear about and see this new trailer, but I'm also anxious to have him pick my trailer up and to give me an honest evaluation.  I need to know what I should do with it, so I can either get going with it, or let it go.  The Portland Swap meet is coming up and this will be a great opportunity to look for a car to pull the trailer, if I am going to keep it.

Looking forward to Friday and the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment