Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 456, Wednesday and The Meeting

My stress level was slightly elevated when I got work and climbed steadily all day. I had a presentation at new with our local Kiwanis Club, which went well and by 5pm I was pretty much reserved to whatever is going to happen is going to happen.  I know my job very well, and my office performs very well and achieves great success on a very conservative budget.

At 5:40pm I headed over to the meeting with the City and I had lots of support from my board and staff.  The meeting started off well, the presentation which was designed to lead us through a discussion worked great and by the end everyone was very complimentary.  All the stress and worry about how this meeting was going to go seemed to have vanished.  There were no mandates or directional shifts recommended and everyone seemed to be on the same page and feeling positive.  The meeting was over and that was it.

I went home, exhausted and with the feeling of an instant huge relief.  The only thing I was mad about was me.  I'm in control of my life and my stress level and I need to remember no one else does.  This was a valuable lesson and I hope I can remember this for a long time to come.

I was done with today and going to bed.  I was so glad all went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment