Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 469, Tuesday and more lights

Today was back to the streets, stringing up lights and wrapping all the light poles on Highland, Glacier, Evergreen and 7th Streets.  We also got the Plaza strung up with lights and all the trees around the office.  This normally takes us 3 days, but we manage to get all done in 2.  Next week we will have the town Christmas tree to decorate and all the kiosks for the Holiday Village Market all in preparation for the big holiday kickoff weekend and parade the Friday after Thanksgiving.  It was a miracle that the weather was holding out and it made the process a lot more palatable.

At 3:30 pm I was finally able to take a lunch hour and I needed to run a clock into Sisters for service.  I had been on a waiting list for 6 weeks and they were now ready for my clock so I needed to get it in before I lose my place.  I had just enough time to run there and back and then attend a Business After Hours at 4:30 pm.

By the time I got home around 6:45 pm I was exhausted. It was already really cold with the temperature around 23 degrees.  I went to check on the chickens, refill the water and food and collect two eggs.  Most of the hens were sleeping in the small coop, but one was sleeping in the new insulated coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment