Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 466, Saturday and painting the hallway.

The back hallway before painting
I slept so great and woke up wide awake and ready to start the day at 7:30 am.  I wanted to get a start on the hallway and spend my morning cutting in and painting the angled wall.  I was using more of the dark brown that was picked out by my interior decorator and I had to text her again to confirm this wasn't going to be too dark.  She knows I was nervous about making the hall to dark, but she thought it would be striking.  I trust her wholeheartedly, so I kept painting.

At 1 pm I was ready for a change of pace and I wanted to take the memory foam back to Costco as well as stop off at the Son's of Norway to see the children's Christmas craft program they had going on.  To make the trip just a little more unique I fired up the Packard and drove to Bend with the top down. 

Painting the hall
I got to Costco with the foam and the box, and the gal said they could not take it back unless it was back in the box.  She then started to laugh, as there was no way you could ever get it back in the box.  She made me chuckle and they returned the foam no problem.

At the Son's of Norway Lodge there were lots of children learning how to make traditional Norwegian Christmas crafts and even I had to try my hand at making something.  It was fun to see the kids learning something new and carrying on a tradition.  The Packard drew a lot attention in the parking lot and to my surprise it started to snow.  I quickly put the top up as the sunny day had quickly turned to a snowy afternoon.  Luckily the snow did  not last.
The back hallway painted

Back home I spent the rest of the evening painting the hall and surprisingly I was very happy with it turned out.  I knew I would like it but was surprised just how much I liked it.  It is masculine and has the lodge feel I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment