Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 475, Deck the Halls

Placing the tree
Today the town Christmas Tree arrives and naturally it's a little more windy than one would like when standing up a 28' tree.  This is a new location for the tree this year and we have not sure exactly how the tree is going to stand up, without a stand.  There was supposed to have been a stand in the ground but it's just a hole in the ground - a very deep hole!  Public works filled part of the hole in with gravel and secured a metal plate to the bottom of the tree that should keep it from moving in the hole.  With a few shims we think we can keep straight.

After the tree was up and we had the light put on, I had to go paint a kiosk that was just constructed at the High School.  We had about 3 hours to get the job done and it was going to take every bit of that time.  I had loaded up my paint trays and brushes in the truck and even a of grubby paint cloths.  The kiosk turned out really well, but we could have used another hour of painting to finish up the detail work, but it looks good and will be a nice addition to the Holiday Market Village.
Painting the kiosk.

I had my workout appointment and my trainer was just back from a 6 day Yoga retreat in Mexico and she was really in good spirits.  I think she forgot how out of shape I am and pushed me harder than normal, but it felt great.  I'm always amazed how fast an hour goes and I was completely drenched and worn out.

I stopped by Flyte Camp on the way home and they were just finishing up with a film a crew regarding the 47 Westwood Coronado.  The trailer was looking amazing and the hours of hard work showed in the gleaming paint and amber varnish.  This trailer is definitely a work of art.

The completion of the 1947 Westwood.
Next on my list was to go to Tracy's and help  her assemble a cabinet in the garage.  The box weighed over 200 lbs and she had everything laying out on the garage floor.  The directions or lack there of "good directions" intimidated her a little so she was waiting for me.  It took me a few seconds, but I quickly figures how it should go together and  in an hour and half we had it all assembled.

It was a long day and I was ready to get home, it was now 8:15 pm and the wind and rain were just starting up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment