Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 478, Happy Thanksgiving!

Sleepy Harris
It was nice to wake up not on a schedule and I got up around 8 am.  Harris and Scrappy were completely happy to sleep on the bed all day and from the looks of it they had no intention of doing anything all day.  I started talking down the fall decoration, so I could put up the winter stuff and get ready for Christmas.

Add caption
I took down the the corn stalks and fed them to the horses, who greatly appreciated the treat.  I put up the Christmas wreath and the snowman plaque that says "Let is Snow" at the mail box, so the driveway was done.  I got out the greenery for the inside.  I sorted through all the gifts that I have already purchased throughout the year and figured out who I still needed to shop for.  Luckily I'm pretty much done with my shopping which is a good thing it will take me forever to get this all wrapped and shipped.

Starting to decorate the house.
Thanksgiving dinner is at 4 pm at my brothers home.  I had the fresh baked pecan pie and I whipped up some whipping cream just in case we needed a little extra.  You can't have good pie without fresh whip cream.  It's amazing how good turkey and all the fixing taste and as usual I way over ate.  I quickly was under the spell of turkey and needed a nap.

I was home by 7 pm and started to put up more Christmas decorations.  One of my favorite is a Swedish candle set that reminds me of my grandparents and Danish friends that lived in Junction City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment