Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 473, Saturday with lots to do

It was still very cold and Fridays snow was still covering the yard. I did my usual chores of cleaning up around the house and folding laundry and I called to wish my mom a happy birthday.

Around 10 am  I headed into Costco to buy garland for work, so we could decorate the kiosks and the Redmond archway. $239 latter I was loading my truck with what looked like a small forest and hopefully I got enough to do all the decorating on Monday and Tuesday.

After Costco I headed over to Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restoration to see how they were coming. The 48 Westwood was still there and had not been picked up on Friday because of the snow. It was scheduled to be picked up today, but the driver was nervous of the icy road conditions. The 47 Westwood was a buzz of activity, as it has to be ready by Monday.

The big project Justin has been working on will be finished for the most part on Monday and this the last weekend of them having a deadline. With a little luck and hope my 1950 Traveleze can start getting some attention again. The Traveleze was inside, but it was covered in blue tarps as if it had been prepared for sitting out in the weather. The taillights had arrived for it, so once they start working on it again they should have all the parts needed. I am very excited for the opportunity they have with the 47 Westwood, but I sure want to have my trailer done.

On my way home I stopped off at Lowes and bought a few items for a Christmas gift project and then headed home. I was eager to get started on this project to see how it would turn out. It will be a good excuse for me to use my chop saw, band saw, jigsaw, disk sander and my nail gun. I was really pleased with my first two prototypes, but I was already making plans for a new and improved designs for the next one. I plan to give these out as gifts to my friends, so I have to keep the project a secret until after Christmas.

November Social at the Sons of Norway Lodge in Bend, OR.
At 6 pm I have a Sons of Norway November Social to go to and they are serving lamb and cabbage, aaaah yum?? Hum not sure what to think about the dinner menu, but I'm sure it will be fun and entertaining evening.

As it turned out the food was excellent and the evening entertainment was fun too as expected with readings of old Norwegian fairy tails and showings of clips from Norwegians films that they will be playing in the coming months.

I stayed and helped clean up the lodge and swept and mopped the floor. I got home a little after 10 pm. It had been a long day, but I still had time and energy to apply one more coat of chrome paint to my Christmas project.

No comments:

Post a Comment