Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 483, A chicken returns

I came home for a late lunch and to get an electric screw driver for work.  It was a beautiful day and I went out in the back yard and I thought I should water the new trees.  To my surprise my Cornish hen cam running up to me.  I thought she was dead but she must have been hiding.  She ran right up to me and I walked her back to the coop and I open the door and she ran in.  The other hens were obviously happy to see her and she ran up the ramp and into the coop and sat in a nest.  I was shocked to see her and happy to have her back.

Starting to decorate at home.
After work I thought I could put the wreath up on the Barn and this year I had a new one.  Last year post Christmas Sale at Lowes I bought a 60" wreath for $7, so I thought I would try it out.  It wasn't do difficult to figure out and after a while I had it all put together.  The trick was hanging it up.  I dragged out my 12' ladder and with some screws and wire I had it in place.  I dropped in on the light above the garage door and caused a little damage, so I will have to replace the light at some point.  Oh well, that's a Spring project.

With the wreath in place I felt I had a start on my holiday decorating and the panic feeling that I wasn't going to get it all done went away a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment