Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 474, Sunday and a visit to the Traveleze and the loss of two chickens.

It was a pretty typical Sunday, with Church at 11 am and my friend Doug and I went to lunch at Mazatlan afterwards.  I put two strands of garland downtown on the two buildings my folks own and lights in the back tree in the alley.  After that I went home, let the chickens out around 3 and then went into Bend to hit Michael's and Costco and to pay a visit to the Traveleze.

I figured Justin and his crew at Flyte Camp would be working late tonight and pulling an all nighter, to get the 47 Westwood Coronado ready for tomorrows big day.  The 48 Westwood was shipped off yesterday to the new owners and now all their attention was being devoted to the 47.  I stopped off at the store and picked them up a dozen doughnuts, who doesn't like a maple bar?!

Rest In Peace
I arrived at the shop and everyone was busy working on something.  They had put new wheels and white wall tires on it looked spectacular.  The white walls needed to be scrubbed to get the blue protective film off of them.  I had told Justin a while back that the best thing to clean white walls with is an SOS soap pad.  He asked me again and told him SOS.  I knew they were too busy to go get them so I jumped in the car and ran to the store.  I returned moments later and with a cup of water a SOS pad and a towel I had the look the white walls looking fantastic.  I left them to their long list of tasks and go out of their way.

Missing and presumed eaten.
I stopped off Costco after my visit and picked up some more garland for tomorrow.  It was now dark and I headed home around 5:50 pm.  I got home and put the car in the garage.  I then put the BMW and the truck back in and I noticed a of what I thought was leaves in the middle of the driveway.  On closer examination I noticed it was feathers and lots of them.  Obviously one of my chickens had met her fate.  I noticed they were gold so the Buff Orpington was gone.  I went and looked in the coop and I only had 5 hens.  The Silver Penciled Wyendotte was gone too. I figure a hawk, an owl or a coyote had gotten them.  It was sad, but it's life on a farm and I can get more in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment