Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 465, 11, 11, 2011 Veterans Day

The Veterans Day Parade
I am so glad to see Friday roll around and it's Veterans Day.  Our local VFW hall puts on a parade at 11 am and my office always goes out and supports their efforts.  The parade has been getting bigger each year and it always fun to see the parade.

The day moved along steadily and before long it was that favorite time a day, 5 o'clock!  I really had no plans for the evening but I was glad to be going home.  The first thing I did was take a quick nap, I was so tired and 20 minutes later I was ready to go.  I had tossed the sheets in the wash and they were now ready to go in the drier.  I have not happy with my mattress, it is too firm, so I thought I could drive into Costco and buy a memory foam mattress top.  An hour and half later I was back home with the memory foam and ready to put it on the bed.  It made the mattress 15" thick and the bed seemed so much taller.  I like the look of the bed, it seemed lofty and comfortable. I would find out tonight how it was to sleep on.

I still had some energy, so I decided that I had enough time to start painting in the hall.  It needed a second coat of paint in places, so that's what I spent the rest of the evening doing.

As for the chickens, they had laid 3 eggs today, so the light in the coop is helping and their moral was going up or at least their production.

It was now 11:30 pm and I was ready for bed.  I pulled back the covers and jumped into bed.  Surprisingly the memory foam was very hard.  I laid there and began to sink into it.  I felt like I was laying on wet concrete and slowly sinking into it.  When I got ready to turn over I felt like I had to clime out of hole and then the edges of my body indentation hit me harder some areas until it gave way and fit my body again.  This was not a good purchase.  After 20 minutes of laying more uncomfortable than every I got up and unmade my bed and took the memory foam off.  It also had a strange smell and I just wanted my old bed back.  20 minutes later I was back in my bed and so happy to be there. 

It was the weekend, and I was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment