Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 459, Big Brothers Big Sisters Comedy Auction

I was able to put a second coat of paint on the kitchen wall and touch up areas that need a little extra attention.  I also ran to Lowes to buy a replacement rope light for the top of the cabinets.  Rope lighting on top of the cabinets make for a great lighting element and super easy to put in place.  I have them plugged into a remote lighting system that allows me to turn on and dim most all of the lights in my house.

New paint in the kitchen
With the rope lighting in place I was able to put everything back on top and clean and dust everything.  It was a huge task just to clean everything and put it back in place.  I was very pleased with the wall color and even more happy to have the mess cleaned up.

At 3 pm I started cooking a spiral ham for a party at 5 pm and it smelled wonderful.  At 4:50 pm I headed out the door to pick up Tracy and put the ham on a big platter with foil and set it on the floor of the truck.  By the time I picked up Tracy and got to the party the ham had leaked all over the floor mat.  Luckily it was high ridged rubber winter floor mat so the mess confined to floor mat.

At 6:00 pm Tracy and had to leave for another event at the Tower Theater in Bend, for a night of comedy with the Big Brother Big Sisters organization.  This is their largest fundraiser of the year and they had outstanding auction items and I even found one item that I really wanted to bid on.  A local painting company had offered 8 hours of painting.  I could have them finish up my bed room or wait until Spring and have them paint my shop.  At the end of the even I had the high bid on the painting and was thrilled with the thought of not having to paint the shop next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment