Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 468, Getting ready for the Holidays

It's hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving and that means we have to have the downtown ready for the big Starlight Holiday Parade the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  What this means is that we have to hang all the lights on all the trees on 6th Street and wrap every light pole on 6th, 7th, Highland and Glacier Avenue.  This is a huge undertaking which I could do without the help of my great volunteers.

I spent most of the day hanging lights and finally called it quits at 3 pm for the day.  We were able to get all the trees and light on 6th Street which is the parade route and tomorrow we will hope to get the majority of them done.  This is usually a 3 day project and the rest of the week will depend on the weather. 

A week from today the town Christmas Tree will be arriving.  I had ordered it two months ago and confirmed it's delivery.  The next day, Tuesday we will delivering 7 kiosks to create a Holiday Village atmosphere for the holiday weekend and each kiosk will need to be decorated and covered with lights.  We also need to get the office decked out and the City will be constructing a new ice skating rink next to our office starting the first week in December.
Today is also my workout day and trainer is still in Mexico at Yoga retreat, so I will be working out with one of her former interns.  He is young and in extremely good shape.  I'm seriously concerned he will kill me as his workouts outs are killer.  Today he wanted to know if I wanted to go for a run and I was up for it.  He runs a little faster than I do, but I tried to keep up and I know he was going way slower than he would run.  It was a bit cold out, but after a few minutes I was plenty warm.  In all we ran a little over 4 miles with no stops and I never lost my breath.  I have come a long way.
1948 Westwood getting ready to go to a new home.

On my way home I stopped off to look at my trailer.  It was sitting outside in the cold and I'm starting to worry it might get caught in the snow or rain.  I know they put it in at night, but I don't like to see the raw wood being exposed to the cold temperature.  Inside the crew was working on both the 47 and 48 Westwood's.  The 48 has new celebrity owner and will be leaving on Friday.  The 47 was off having some paint work done and they were busy working on interior components for both. 

It was a great day and the chickens again laid 3 eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment