Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 481, A day of rest.

I slept until 8 am and I felt great.  A few moments later my folks called and wanted to know how the parade went and how the village did.  I gave them the details of the events and they were very happy for the success these two great events.  My folks had sponsored the first two kiosks and really encouraged the idea of us creating an old world Christmas market like in Europe.

The First Sunday of Advent and the Church all decorated.
At 10:15 am I left for church and picked up my friend Doug; we are both ushers today and we needed to be on time.   We are normally both late, so I texted him that I was coming early.  The Church was all decorated for the season and today is the first Sunday of Advent.  I couldn't help but be in a festive mood and I even wore my red sweater.  The Pastor had been at the parade and he commented to the congregation how great it was and thanked me for putting on a wonderful event.  I was very honored for the recognition in front of the church.

After church I came home and changed into work clothes and headed to my folks house to do their outside lights.  Before I left I let the chickens out.  I was a bit worried but figured the last attack was just a bad day, since I have had the chickens for nearly two years and never lost one.

I fired up the Packard and headed to my folks top down and extension ladder hanging out the back.  It was another warm day and with a hat I felt it was a perfect day a for a vintage convertible.  I plugged in my Ipod and played Bing Crosby and Andrew Sisters Christmas music in the Packard, it was awesome.

I got to work on the lights at my folks and had to run into town to get some replacement stands to finish.  After about 2 hours I had them decked out and the house look great.  I have yet to get my lights on my house but maybe I can take some time off this week and get them up.  I would like to have them up before December 1st, so I'm going to have to take time off or do it in the dark.

Eldorado, MIA
I got home just after dark and went out to check on the chickens. I was missing two.  My two favorite birds the Brown Rose Comb and Cornish hen were gone. All I could find in the yard were a  few feathers, so they to have fallen victim to whatever got the last two.  I will now have to fine them to the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment