Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 457, Thursday back to work.

I woke up feeling better, but with a knot in my neck and shoulder from stress.  I was happy to have yesterday behind me my entire office felt like would could back to work.  The holidays are fast approaching and we have a lot of work to get done in order to have the town ready for the festivities.  I also have Leadership Redmond to coordinated so that was my focus for the morning.

At 3 pm I left the office to run some errands and then to head to my workout in Bend.  My trainer was very happy that mood was better and that my blood pressure was more normal.  This didn't keep her from giving me a full workout and was sweating like crazy by the end of the hour. 

I had a some time to kill after working out, before my Sons of Norway meeting at 7 pm, so I headed over to see the trailer.  There was no one at Flyte Camp, so I headed to my next option, Costco.  I did a little shopping and grabbed a hotdog for dinner and then headed to the Lodge.

Tonight's meeting at the Lodge elected the new Officers for the Lodge and I was voted in as President.  I couldn't  help but wonder what I had gotten myself into, but I enjoy the group and hope I can help them out.  I had also invited a new potential member who I met at the cell phone store.  I was in the store the other day and recognized his name as being Scandinavian, so I asked if he was Norwegian and had said no Danish.  I told him he should come to the Lodge and thought that sounded interesting.  I had emailed him the membership application and told him we meet on the first Thursday of the month.  To my surprise he showed up and instantly connected with the many Norwegian and Danish speaking members.  By the end of the evening he was completely hooked on the Lodge and had signed up to do story telling during the holiday festivities.

I got home a little before 9 and went to check on the chickens, no eggs!  It was cold and I needed to drag my garbage can to the end of the driveway.  It was beautiful out with the moon and stars and the crisp cold winter air. 

My bed was going to feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment