Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 460, More painting

I spent the morning setting all the clocks back an hour, that I didn't catch the night before, and then I got ready for church at 11 am. The message was all about time (how appropriate) and how we choose to use what little time we have here on earth.  I found it ironic that the Pastor ran long in his sermon by 15 minutes.

Painting the Hall
When I got home I changed into work clothes and started cleaning up in the yard.  I took down the Halloween witch and cats, took down the "Sleep Hallow Pumpkin Patch" sign and tossed out the carved pumpkins.  The robins have been eating the berries from the juniper trees and getting drunk and then sitting in the big locus tree by the front door and pooping.  The front steps were covered in bird droppings, so I took the garden hose and spent a lot of time hosing off the steps and front patio.

My Sunday even was spent painting the long hallway which required a very tall extension ladder.  I made dozen of trips up and down the ladder inching my way the length of the hall.  It was a rather time consuming project which took about 3 hours.  By 9 pm I was done for the day and ready to kick back and mentally prepare for a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment