Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 556, Looking back on the Traveleze

Something about this trailer called to me to save it.
Today, I looked back over all the photos of the Traveleze from the last 556 days; what an amazing journey.  I don't know what it was about this little trailer that had me cough up the money in first place, but there was something about it's shape.  When I look at the rot in the interior paneling and gallons of tar on the roof, that should  have been enough of a sign to have caused me to turn and run, but I didn't.  I really believe there is a reason for everything and for some reason I was meant to find this trailer and learn something from it.

The rot and water damage was extensive
Whatever the reason is, what Justin and the team at Flyte Camp have created is truly a work of art.  Yes, I spent way more than I had every dreamed of, but I kept shooting for better and better and that is exactly what they have done.  This is simply got to be one of the best examples of a 1950 14' Traveleze there is and it will be a reminder for future generation for years to come of what camping in the 1950's was all about.

Radiant and beaming from within, restoration nearly completed
There is still a few things to do, but the list is getting very short.  The few things remaining on the trailer to still do are, polishing the exterior, stripes, wheels, tires, hub caps, blinds, front shelf, mattress, awning and then calking all the seams.  Also, I will be keeping my eyes open for two windows to eventually replace the temporaries that we have installed.  They have got to be out there somewhere and hopefully someday I will find them.

If tomorrow is a sunny day I hope I might be able to pick up the Traveleze and maybe start to polish her up.  If not, plan B is to run to Prineville and perhaps work on the Packard a little.  I also need to go pick out my mattress which I bought last weekend for home and order one for the trailer.  It will be a busy weekend, not matter what I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment