Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 564, A restful sleep

Third time is a charm, when it comes to beds.  I finally got a bed that feels great and supports my back and isn't too soft, or to hard, but is just right. 

I had a long list of errands I wanted to accomplish today, so I was out the door around 10 am.  First thing I wanted to do was run to Fred Meyer and buy some foam to put under my mattress to give it more height.  This new bed is not as tall as the old mattress, so I figured a piece of 3" foam between the mattress and box spring would give it the height I wanted.  Fred had the foam and I stuffed two pieces of it in the trunk of the BMW. 

1942 Packard 120 suspension parts
From Fred's, I headed to Prineville to check on the Packard, and to give Rick a transmission manual I have to see if it would help.  I also wanted to give him a copy of the Central Oregon Magazine which featured the Apex Awards and the yellow Corvette that he built for our friend Jon.  The manual turned out not to be of use, but he enjoyed seeing the Corvette.  Outside in the driveway were all the suspension pieces of my 42 Packard.  They had all been power washed and next week they well be sandblasted, primed and repainted.  Rick has ordered all new bushing and will completely rebuild the suspension.  The transmission is a still a bit of an issue and I took several pictures of the broken and damaged pieces to send the parts guy in Seattle.

I talked to Rick at length about the 53 Mayfair convertible and  he thought it would be a good car and one worth looking at.  I need to make a trip to Seattle to look at it and to pick up a 282 engine for my 42.  Perhaps on Monday I will jump in the car drive up there.

From Prineville I drove to Bend to go to Costco.  I wanted to check out their eye glasses and see what how their costs would compare. I had ordered a pair from my eye doctor's office and the cost after insurance was $445 for basic glasses.  At Costco I could get a pair for $199 and then turn it into my insurance and I should get $150 back, making the glasses $49.  I order them on the spot and will get them in about a week.

At 5:30 Tracy, Christian and I were all going to the Sons of Norway Appreciation Dinner.  We figured it would be fun and since I'm the President of the lodge I really needed to be there.  There were 65 people in attendance and the food was excellent.  We all stayed to help clean up and headed for home around 10:15 pm.  It had been a long day and I was really starting to get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment