Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 560, Good news about the Packard transmission

It was spitting snow off and on all day today and the temperature hovered around 31 degrees.  It was the perfect day to stay inside and work.  Today was our monthly Board meeting, so it was a very busy day.

I was very pleased to receive a phone call from the Packard guy that I bought the transmission from and he is fully willing to stand by the transmission and provide the parts and the manuals to get it working.  He is really a good guy and it was nice to have assurance and support.  He also has a 1941 282, block which is exactly what I need for the Packard, so I might have to make a trip to his shop to pick it up.  It will need to be completely rebuilt, but it will make my Packard more valuable to have the correct motor in it.

1953 Packard Mayfair
I also received an email from a Packard Club member about a 1953 Packard Mayfair convertible that is for sale from another club member.  He sent me pictures of the car it looked great, with only one problem, it was painted orange!  The original color was Carolina Cream, so if I bought the car it would have to be painted back to cream.  I can just see pulling the trailer with a Packard convertible, WOW that would be something to see.

I actually got home today with plenty of day light to actually let the chickens out for a bit.  I stood right with them as they ventured out for the first time in months.  I keep my eye out for hawks and they enjoyed scratching and pecking the ground.  They have been pretty consistent with laying one brown and one blue egg a day. With fresh food and water I put them back in the pen and closed them in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment