Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 574, More work on the Traveleze

The new blinds in place.
I had to look at the pictures of the Traveleze several times throughout the day.  I still can not believe how great it looks and I really can't take my eyes off the big whitewalls and center caps.  I'm not sure what it is about them, but whitewall tires just make me smile.

After work I headed to Bend and I brought along with me a few items to put inside the trailer.  I brought the lamp shade, just to see how they would look, the vintage spice rack that I had bought and a Pendleton, Glacier Park blanket I bought in Sisters.  The lamp shade took some adjusting, but I got them to work.  I really need to find smaller bulbs and something that gives off less heat.  The spice rack looks awesome and I plan on attaching it with double sided sticky tape to the stainless steel back splash just above the stove.  The Pendleton I thought would look great at as a bed spread. Now all I need to do is find some good sheets.

The Pendleton blanket on the bed
The highlight of the visit to the trailer was the fact that they had installed the wood blinds and they look amazing!  They had a bit of a challenge with attaching them to a curved wall, but they did a fantastic job getting them to hang appropriately. The trailer is really turning out better than I had I had imagined.  The restoration work is top notch and even though it's a completely rebuilt, it still has the characteristic and feel of a 62 year old trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment