Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 562, Leadership and Sons of Norway

It was a full day with the Leadership program today covering the topics of Government and Legislative.  We spent half the day talking with our city officials and then the second half we traveled to Bend to meet with our County Commissioners, our aids to our US Senator and Congressman and then a phone conference with our State Representative.  It was a great day and many of the class participants said it was the best yet.

After class, with my friend Tracy and Charlie from my office I asked if would be OK to stop off at the mattress store and finalize the final switch of mattresses.  They both said yes and they wanted to try them out and see what all the fuss was. The store proprietor thought I was nuts bringing in a back up crew to test the mattresses.  Tracy and Charlie both agreed on the one I had picked out, so hopefully this will be the bed that is "just right".  I have a feeling I will be called Goldilocks for years to come.

At 6 pm Tracy and I had a Sons of Norway Audit Committee meeting at my house.  There was just three of us in the committee, but the audit needs to be done in order for us to be eligible for Lodge of the Year.  We met for just under two hours and review the procedures and the numbers and we felt that everything was in order to the best of our abilities. 

It was a long day and tomorrow is Friday!  I'm very much looking forward to my last night sleep on this mattress and tomorrow I will take my truck with the mattress back to Bend for the exchange.  Friday night will be clean sheets on new mattress and this mattress saga will hopefully be over.

As for the chickens, two eggs, one blue, one brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment