Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 565, A beautiful Sunday

I slept so great in my new bed, it was incredible, and I laid in bed until 8:30 am.  I got up and fed the animals and then started my favorite task of the year, sorting through  my receipts in preparation for preparing my taxes.  After about an hour of sorting receipts and filling out my tax workbook I had everything ready to send to the accountant on Tuesday.

Church was at the usual time and my buddy Doug was gone for the day, so it was just me.  The service was very good and I always enjoy hearing our Pastor speak.  It was kind of a sad service however, a good friend of mine and her husband are moving to Seattle and this was their last service. We always sat together in the balcony and it will weird not having them there. They have the truck packed and are driving up for good tomorrow morning.  I am going to miss them terribly.  I did tell them that I am looking at a Packard convertible in the Seattle area and that I hope to get up there on Friday.  It would be great to see them if we can connect and as it turns out the car is about 10 miles from their new home.

A 1952 Packard in Carolina Cream, a much better than orange
I have come up with a plan to head to Seattle next Friday and pick up a 282 Packard engine that I can have rebuilt for my120 and then I can swing by and check out the 1953 Mayfair when I am there.  As it turns out the 53 had the engine replaced in 2006 and the guy who I am buying the 282 from, thinks he has the original engine from the car.  I am going to get him the Vin number from the car and he will go out and see if can find it.  He said he has over 50 engines.

I called the owner of the 53 and told him I hope to come up on Friday if that worked with his schedule.  He was very pleased and was happy to get me the Vin number, so I could try to find the original motor.  Even with the car being orange I think it will be great fun and someday I can return it to it's original Carolina Cream.

It was a beautiful day and I was finally feeling well enough to do a little work outside.  The first thing on my list was to get the Christmas lights out of the trees!  It took me about an hour and they were all down.  They sure come down a lot faster then they go up.  It was so nice I even let the chickens out and I kept my eye out for the red tail hawk.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to wash a few of the car and especially my truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment