Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 398, Church and a party

Today is dramatically cooler that the rest of my visit in Oklahoma, and this is their first day thay have not been over 100 in nearly 70 days (this number keeps changing but its been a long time).  The morning low was in the 70's and todays high was supposed to be in the mid 80's.  The temerature was the talk of State, just behind the OU football win yesterday.  OU football is a big deal for all Oklahomians.

Church was at 9:15am, and the Methodist church Brad and Robin go to is HUGE.  The service was from Exodus and really hit home.  I'm always amazed how a sermon can be broad, yet seem like it was be spoken and directed at me.  Anyway, I really enjoyed the message and being able to go to church with my friends, Brad, Robin, Dr Nick and Ann.

After church we went out for brunch and then did some major shopping for a party that Brad and Robin were hosting at 4pm.  We got home about noon and spent the next 4 hours preparing for the party. The guest started arriving on time and in total there were about 30 people in attendance.  Brad barbecued Beef Tenderloin and it was fantactic.  The food was abundent and for desert Robin had me make an English Trifle, which seemed to be a hit.

By 8pm everyone was gone and we had the house cleaned up in no time.  I think we were all pretty exhausted and we called it a night around 10pm.

It was a fun day, and tomorrow I head home in the late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment