Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 423, Flying to Oklahoma


Delta 320 at PDX
 I was up early to catch a plane to Oklahoma to visit my friends Robin, Brad, Dr. Nick and Ann.  It was the exact same route and flights I took over Labor Day weekend only this time I had ever intention of not missing my connection in Salt Lake City
.  I had to be at the airport by 6:45am and departed Redmond for Portland at 7:45am.  The flight is short and sweat, lasting only 35 minutes.  From Portland it is one hour and 30 minutes to Salt Lake City and the flight was smooth and uneventful on an Airbus A320.  The only down side was I was in a center seat on a full plane.

The connection in Salt Lake was less than 50 minutes and by the time I got to the gate, they were already boarding the plane for Oklahoma.  The flight to Oklahoma City is exactly 2 hours and were delayed about 15 minutes on the ground, due to congestion at the gate.
 
The frame of the Taveleze all painted up.
I arrived about 5:30pm, Central Time and Ann had drawn the short straw and was lucky to get to pick me up.  From the airport we went straight the Quail Country Club and met Dr. Nick and Robin joined shortly for dinner.  I had missed lunched, so I was starving.  The food was so good I over ate and felt misserable.

Back in Redmond, Justin and texted me pictures of theTraveleze frame which he had spray painted with an undercoat that would protect the frame.  It was nice to see it all cleaned and starting to look fresh and ready to start rebuilding.  Looking at the picture of the frame it is hard to believe that this is all that is left, and that this is were you start the rebuilding.

A Spartanette, that was manufactured in Tulsa, OK.
I joked with Justin that I was going to go to Tulsa and make a pilgrimage to the Spartan Trailer Co. former manufacturing plant.

It was nice to be back in Oklahoma and Robin has a busy weekend planned for us all

No comments:

Post a Comment