Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 412, Selling the Cadillac

I got up around 8:30am and I couldn't believe how tired I still was.  I was totally beat from the long week and still letting go all of the stress.  I did more of my weekend chores including vacuuming the house and getting ready to go to church.  I checked my email and had a few emails from the guy in Boston asking more questions and wanting more pictures of the car.  I snapped several pictures with cell phone and sent them his way.  I figured I would have more emails by the time I got back from church.

Church was great and brought along the lawn mower gas can, so I could mow the lawn when I got back home.  I picked up Doug on my way to church, and as always, we were late.  The service was really good and I took the message to heart.  After the service I got the gas, dropped off Doug and headed home to mow.

The end of a beautiful day and the
pefect time for a run.
As I got ready to mow, I received a call from the man in Boston and he wants to buy the car.  I will now take the car this week to the Cadillac dealer in Bend, for a pre-purchase inspection and make sure the car is in top shape.  The man has contacted a transport and they can ship the car across country this next week.  The man seems very honest and we both bank at the same bank, so he will wire me the funds and I will express the signed title.

I spent the day puttering in the yard, pulling weeds, spraying for weeds in the lawn and doing basic yard work.  The lawn looked great after mowing and the chickens were enjoying being free.  They don't seem to be bothered by the lawn mower and they stayed close to me.  They laid two eggs one brown and one with no shell.  Thats the third time in a month, so need to look that up and see what they are missing in their diet.
By evening I was ready for a run, so I changed into my running shorts and hit the road.  I ran about 3.5 miles and it felt great.  There is something very relaxing and soothing about a run, I seem to forget all my cares and just take in the moment.

1949 Lincoln
Now that it looks like the Cadillac is going to be going to the east coast, I thought I should look on Craigslist to see what I could find to replace it.  I still need to find something to pull the 1950 trailer so I started looking between 1949 and 1951.  I stumbled onto a 1949 Lincoln that had been restored and it look very nice.  It has a V8, so there should be plenty of power to pull a 1,400lbs trailer.  I called my friend Pete, who is a car expert and he knows Lincoln's very well.  As it turns out the car is close to where he lives and he said he would be happy to go look at it.  I had called the owner and the car seems to be just what I'm looking for and in a price range that seems very reasonable.

It was had been a nice day and restful weekend.  I'm not sure I'm ready for another week, but it can't be as busy as the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment