Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 416, Shipping the Cadillac to Massachusetts

On my way to work I overnighted the title and Bill of Sale with FedEx.  At 9:30am the Horseless Carriage transport truck showed up exactly as scheduled.  The money was wired in my account and now all I needed to do was help load the car.

The 1990 Cadillac loaded to shipping to Massachusetts.
The driver was very professional and the truck was awesome.  The interior was all wood planked and high gloss.  This company is use to transporting cars well into the six figure range, so they were more than professional and capable of handling a Cadillac.  With in a 20 minutes the Cadillac was securely parked in side the 80' long semi truck's trailer.  I took several pictures to send to the new owner to let him know that his truck was now on it's way.  The estimated delivery time is over two weeks, but it is now on it's way.

At 10am, I had scheduled to meet an amazing interior decorator, who I had gotten to know at the gym to help me with my house.  I have been in my house eleven years and I know it needs help.  I have no idea how to  pick out colors, or counters, flooring, etc, but this lady is awesome.  She has designed some of the top homes in the area and I love everything she does.  She was now here to tell me what colors she had picked out and what we are going to do to my kitchen and master bath.

The colors are bold and dark, which is extreme contrast to the all off white walls that I have now.  She has two colors that I am to paint in the living room, dining room, kitchen and down the hall.  In the kitchen she has a new tile counter and back splash as well as all new tile flooring.  In the bathroom she wants to replace the shower with new tile and the tile will be on one wall and across the floor.  The counter will be lifted 6" and new tile on the counter.  She will pick out new paint for the bathroom too, once we select the tile.
New paint around the fireplace
(The walls were the same color as the ceiling)

My homework for the weekend is to get the paint and start painting in the living room.

At 2:30pm I had to run over to the church to get my photo taken for the Church directory.  I dropped off the paint chips at the paint store and would pick them up after my photo was taken.  I was very anxious to get started and see how the paint was going to look.

I got home about 6pm and was able to get started painting the darkest of the colors next to the fireplace. It was really dark, but I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment