Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 407, Lord grant me strength

I was out the door by 6:20am and was at the Council workshop meeting by 6:45am.  I was very glad to have the support of three of my Board members and luckily the meeting seemed to go pretty well.  The real decision will be made at the evening meeting at 7pm, so I would have to wait and see what happens until then.

The Board meeting was next at noon and all seemed to go well there, which was a nice.  My Board is very encouraging and always has positive things to say.
The Traveleze starts the restoration process.

At around 2pm I received a text from Justin at Flyte Camp Vintage Trailer Restorations with a picture of my trailer moved inside and the message of "first the windows then the skin".  The restoration has begun!!!!!  This was the one bright spot in my day and it lifted my spirits.

By 5pm I was once again exhausted.  I went home, let the chickens out, again collected two eggs and went inside and crashed.  I had about an hour and half before I had to go to the City Council meeting.  I texted Justin and thanked him for the email about my trailer, it had made my day.  I quickly received a text back and he told me about an amazing opportunity unfolding for him and his company.  I was very excited to hear about it and I had some ideas that might with the project.  I hope to be able to report more about this in the future, stay tuned.

At 6:40pm I got back in my car  and drove to the City Council meeting.  It was a long agenda and we were pretty much last on the list.  At 9:10pm they started talking about us and it was over in about 15 minutes.  The result was workable and I was exhausted.

I went back home and went to lock the chickens in for the night.  When I got to the coop the door was closed.  It was totally dark out and all the chickens were sleeping under the coop outside.  They were sound asleep and I picked each one up and put them in the coop.  Sleeping chickens are like a sleeping 3 year old kid, you can pick them up move them around and they hardly wake up.

With the chicken safely locked in the coop, I went inside and went to bed; two down 3 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment