Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 404, The High Desert Swap Meet

Today is Saturday and this the day of the High Desert Swap Meet.  I texted Tracy around 8am and said Good Morning.  Around 9:15am, she texted what's the plan for the day.  I told her I wanted to go to the Swap Meet and she wanted to go too.  About an hour later she was on her way over and headed to the meet.
The Shasta and matching pickup.
The swap meet is always fun and has more than just cars and includes antiques and other wierd stuff.  I was so surprised to see 3 vintag trailers there, including the 1964 Shasta that I watched be restored at Flyte Camp.  I couldn't help but wonder if I would ever get to bring my trailer to a show.  We walked around and I found a few things I couldn't live without including a  1950 folding all-in-one picnic table.  It will be great with the trailer.

Tracy and I walked around for about 3 hours and then headed home.  Once back home we talked about what should we do.  We both needed to wash our cars, so I said lets just wash them.  Tracy was thrilled to get her SUV washed and we spent well over an hour just cleaning and detailing it.  My truck about 30 minutes and we were done. 

We decided to go see the movie "How does she do it?" which played at 7pm in Bend.  We stopped off for dinner first and walked into the theater just as the lights dimmed for the movie.  Our timing was perfect and the movie was entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment